Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 5 from Naoshima to Ishigaki
















This was an exhausting day. We slept with our drapes open so that we could see that magnificent view when we awakened. We both woke up about 5:30 and enjoyed the view. We had breakfast and then began our journey by to the south of Japan.

A van took us to the jetty where we caught a private ferry that took us to Uno Train Station. We took a total of 4 different trains from a Bullet Train to a small local train that took us to the airport at Osaka. We had lunch at the airport and then flew South to Naha, Okinawa. We transferred to a different plane and flew to the island of Ishigaki. This is rural island, that is part of Okinawa. From there we were driven to our hotel. This trip took as long as the trip from Los Angeles to Japan!

The weather is hot, humid and tropical. Lots of sugar cane, banana, pineapples and Mangos. Orchids are everywhere. We visited one store, met an artist and walked around briefly and were taken to a 10 course Japanese dinner with lots of Sake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how wonderful it would be if I were there, too.
I have been sneaking out of your blog imagining my mind flow into the world where you are at. Your brog brings me smile and cheers.I also admire of your spirit that you update your blog everyday at this trip.I am so slow to update my website. However you motivate me to work hard no matter where you are.Thank you for that. I hope to see you sometime soon. Best regards, Yuh